Monday, June 18, 2007

The Final Nail In The Coffin

This Post is a partial explanation of why I no longer attend UVSC or any other accredited scholastic institution for that matter. Last spring our friends, Dave and Aubree Rasmussen and Celiece and I started playing tennis for fun/exercise in the evenings at the local high school. We played for fun and sometimes for money off and on throughout the spring and then summer rolled around, I had told Celiece that I was done with school but she lured me back to school for spring semester with the thought of an easy A and some easy money from financial aid by taking a tennis class (she worked for UVSC at the time so they would pretty much pay us to play tennis.) So like a sucker drawn to free money and the thought of finally being able to pay off my debts that I owed to dave for the games I had lost I agreed to take the class with her.

The class was an eight week crash course on the basics of playing tennis, easy enough you would think. So Celiece and I went together, having a pretty good time and going to most of the classes, due to her being pregnant and a family reunion we missed a couple of weeks, keep in mind we BOTH missed a couple of weeks.

Now throughout the term we both showed some improvement, not enough to actually admit to anyone that we had taken a class but we showed alright improvement, Celiece claims she made more improvement even though I went and played more throughout the duration of the class but this is the kicker and the scapegoat reason of why I no longer attend UVSC, when we finally got our grades, keep in mind Celiece has already graduated so grades dont really matter but I had a "rep" I needed to keep up, Celiece got an A and I got an A-, thats right, a friggen A-. So for this post I am going to rate a few things:

The Teacher: B- (Grade based on him being a nice guy, but sort of picking out the kids that were good and sticking with them)
My Tennis Skills: Bronze Star (Based off the fact that the Good Lord decided not to bless me with athletic ability but golly I try, boy do I try.
My Anger: 112 Degrees Celsius , (I lose my temper a lot when playing tennis, Dave thinks the only thing I learned in my class was how to throw my raquet.)
UVSC: Lame-O (enough said)

3 comments:

Celiece said...

It must of been hard for you when you made the deans list. If Dave or Aubree could back me up on the improvement I made I would appreciate it. You worked on your serves and I worked on the whole game.

Dave/Aubree said...

I would like to add to the story that not only did Nate and Celiece take a tennis class at UVSC, they did not tell us about it so that they could get better than us. We are just finding this out a whole year later. Now it is true that Celiece has improved, and Nate does know how to throw his rackets when he loses, but come on guys, you could have at least told us!!

Dave/Aubree said...

I pretty much rocked Nate last night. The only reason we noticed that something had changed was because celiece was playing better. Its a sad sad world that we live in...... I have never taken tennis lessons and yet I get better every day... Maybe nate should take a geometry class.

--Dave