Sunday, September 16, 2007

Costco Observation #2

So I have been a bad little blogger since our family vacation to King's Canyon but here is the next installment of the adventures of Nathan and Dashy. So I went to Costco the other day, which seems to be a weekly occurrence, weekly only because I dont work in Orem anymore, when I worked in Orem it was more of a daily occurrence but anyway while I was there I noticed that there is always a line when leaving Costco, and the holdup usually isnt even where the fine Costco employees stand to casually look over your basket as if they are Rainman and can instantaneously itemize and match every item in your basket and make sure it matches the items that you have paid for. The line seems to form far before that, the only reason I can think of is that people are there holding their receipts as they make the walk of shame wondering how in fact they were able to spend so much when they only went in there for one or two items. Here is my top ten things that I think of as I make the walk of shame, feel free to add your own.
1. $98? I only bought deodorant, formula and wipes.
2. $1.50 For a hot dog AND a drink, I totally stuck it to Costco on that one!
3. 10,000 Q-Tips, that should last Celiece a week or two.
4. Good Thing I can return all this crap.
5. I wonder why Costco keeps shortening their return policy?
6. Note To Self: Stop Coming To Costco Hungry.
7. I wonder if the free sample ladies can come home with me and set up their booths at various places throughout my house.
8. I love the smell of new tires.
9. I wonder if I could sneak something past the lady checking my receipt.
10. 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds until I can safely come back Costco.

2 comments:

Grandma Kristi said...

I can really relate to the Costco Shame thing--yesterday I went in for just a few things---yeah, right! I think they must have subliminal marketing devices on every aisle. As I walked "The Walk" I kept looking at my receipt trying to find the mistake...but , alas, there was no mistake. Oh, well. At least we'll have plenty of tomato paste and white teeth ( I bought a pack of Crest Whitening Strips). Oh, and Nathan...I always thought of you as handsome--but that photo of you!!! Celiece, can't you do something?!

cameron said...

I always think "Is it rude to edge people out?" They always move so slowly on the walk of shame and now I realize it's because they're in a quandary over how they spent $100 on dairy products.